This blog has moved! You should be automatically redirected in 5 second. If not, visit http://terrellrhea.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Love the Bible

All Scripture is inspired by God
and is useful to teach us what is true
and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.
It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16:17 (NLT)

I’m not sure I have ever talked about why I love the Bible so much. I’ve probably Bible-Readingmentioned it before. I mention it about once a week during small group mainly because I could usually find something in what we were reading to show why it is important to read and study the Bible.

I didn’t always love the Bible as I do today. In fact before I moved to New York, I would consider myself more of a prayer warrior than a Bible student but in the first two years after moving something changed.

I lost my spiritual footing.

During that time I started reading a blog that my best friend introduced me to. The blogger was (and still is) big on questioning what was Truth and what was lies within the church. I’m not sure I completely agree with all of her conclusions but it challenged me to start studying the Bible to determine if what my old church taught me was true or not.

It started as a spark and grew into a roaring fire.

Paul writes in his second letter to Timothy that the Scriptures teach us Truth, reveal what is wrong and corrects us. He says that the Lord uses the Scriptures to prepare us and give us what we need for every good work.

We spend so much time asking who, what, where, when, why, and how. The Bible is the answer.

That is why I love the Bible.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis